Skin needling is also known as micro-needling or collagen induction therapy.
Skin needling works by creating micro trauma to the skin. Multiple needles puncture the surface of the skin to send the skin into repair mode, encouraging elastin and collagen production. This allows active topical ingredients to penetrate the skin, giving you enhanced results from your skincare products.
With this treatment, you can expect a reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and scarring. It also works wonders on stretch marks.
Skin needling can treat many areas such as face, décolletage, back and hands. If you have any other areas of concern, please get in touch with me to discuss.
DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Consultation form
- Double cleanse the skin
- Enzyme mask treatment
- Application of topical anaesthetic
- Skin needling procedure
- Apply hyaluronic serum and SPF50
- Aftercare and what to expect
DELUXE ADD ON
Enjoy 20 minutes to relax at the end of your treatment with some music, a blanket, heat bag and a face mask of your choice.
Wrinkle Schminkles Sheet Mask $20.00.
Or Esthemax Hydrojelly Mask $20.00.
AFTERCARE FOR SKIN NEEDLING
- Double cleanse areas treated 2 times a day.
- Use a cold compress for comfort to soothe the skin. If the neck or décolletage were treated, the redness may last slightly longer.
- Apply a broad spectrum sunblock daily with a minimum of SPF30.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. New cell regeneration requires this.
- Use mineral make up only a day after treatment until the healing is complete.
- Use any exfoliation products for 72 hours after the treatment.
- Exercise for at least 2-5 days after the treatment due to sweating. Gentle exercise is ok after the first few days.
- Use saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools for 1-2 weeks due to sweating and a risk of getting your lips wet.
- Have facials or other face beauty treatments for 1 week to avoid irritation and cross contamination.
- Have lip fillers or use sunbeds, chemical peels or any harsh face treatments for 4 weeks as your skin will not be healed enough.